Friday, November 10, 2006

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me

Harsh reality beckons and there was no putting it off any longer.

Back to work. Back to my routine life.

It felt kinda strange coming back home. Even though I've only been gone 3 weeks. Perhaps all the running around (/travelling) has warped my perception of time and environment. I missed home quite a few times when I was away. Especially (not surprisingly) when I'm alone. I don't take pride in admitting that I don't like to travel alone.

The entry about my trip(s) is in the process of construction. Will definitely post it when it's all nice and done. :)

Experiencing Paris-sickness. (Learnt this from Ming - who had used the phrase 'London-sick' in one of his posts. And told me I made him miss London all over again when I had asked him for recommendations of places to eat in London's Chinatown. Hee. But Ming, you're going back for holiday eh? Sounds good!) I was quite sad when it came time to say goodbye to A and London, but once I arrived in Paris, it was like I was home. :D Needless to say I had the best time in Paris, my favourite city in the world (or however much of it I've seen)!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday. Late morning.
Cool, misty, peaceful.
The sun in the bluish sky gentle.
Along the old, quaint street, the only audible sounds were those of footsteps on the cobblestones. 2 pairs.
Her orange sneakers, only barely making their presence heard.
His black leather shoes; click, clack.
Almost in unison.
Her icy cold slim hand in his warm callused one.
The usual weekday haste left behind.
Strolling in companionable silence. Comfortable.
Bells of the nearby church tolled prettily.
Counting out the hours.
As if to say, It's a beautiful day! So wake up, it's time to get out of bed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a fab weekend people!
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :