Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Hiding place

Recently chanced upon an unexpectedly good hiding place as I strode into the calm blue waters of Genova. Realised that being under the water with my snorkel is even better than putting on environmental noise-cancelling headphones. My muscles relax in the cool waters and I get a rare, much-needed respite from the vibrant Italian environment. The constant, ever-present loud chattering, cursing voices disappear once I enter the water. The only sound left reminds me of many tiny electric sparks going off in the waters. And I am left alone with the various schools of fish swimming around me. Such peace and quiet! Sometimes I let the waves take me along, drifting around, staring at the carefree fish darting here and there, looking for food among the aquatic plants or the little notches between the rocks, willing my mind to empty itself. Sometimes I swim actively, trying in vain to follow the schools of fish that inevitably leave me far behind. I reach my hand out, hoping I could touch the pretty things, but of course that was only wishful thinking on my part! How convenient that with the snorkel, I don't even have to come up for air! Makes me I wish I could stay in the water forever. But unfortunately as with every hiding place, one has to return to the real world. Very reluctantly, as my pruny fingers start to numb a little and I feel the cold slowly entering the layers of protective fat (my excuse for keeping them! haha!), I swim to shore and brace myself for reality.
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :