Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Frosty and foggy

it was, this morning... Me miss the sun...

On Monday, I promised myself I would go running at the tracks Tuesday evening after lab. Lo and behold, I did it! (Though the temptation once I got home was so strong just to 'nuah' in front of the computer, but I managed to drag my lazy arse out!) Happy happy (even if my legs are aching now)... A good start, I say. Now I just have to try to keep this up. I intend to go for an exercise class later. (Have to go!!! Cannot let myself come up with excuses!)

Yesterday's dinner was Mexican tortillas with some friends. Was great to see them again since Christmas. And the food was good, even if not exactly authentic. ^_^ We also had Mexican hot chocolate (basically hot chocolate with some cayenne pepper in it so that it has a hint of spicyness) after dinner and a bit of cake. Yummie yummie! Though that had forfeited whatever calories I had burnt from the running.

Just got some good news this afternoon from my Prof that she would like me to be her PhD student (but I have to try to apply for funding, i.e. write project proposal). Still, it's really nice to hear, that people in the lab are positive about me continuing in the lab. :) And so, she said she wouldn't write me reference letters for other places I am applying for. ha... anyway my imperial college application cannot make it liao. Too late... I haven't decided if I would want to stay here (Tübingen) for sure so I would still try to apply to other universities, just to see if I could get some interviews and some experience from it.

Seems like my latest experiment worked. Now I just have to wait for the Prof to look at the finished slides and try to repeat it. Hopefully this week or next. I am on a tight time schedule. Have to finish by end of April. Wish me luck people! Need lots of it.

(Am pleased with myself that so far I am writing regularly. As with the other short-term goals, I hope I can keep this up! Oh, by the way, how do you like the new look here?)
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

1 comments :

Pong said...

Simple, cute, nice, just like yourself =D

I like it, but I can't get use to the new look for now.