Saturday, August 01, 2015

Like soap bubbles

A couple of dear friends got married last Sat so I took the chance to go back to Germany for a few (short) days last week. I had the most amazing and relaxed time since a long while, with loved ones and good friends I haven't seen for too long. Add to that one of the most endearing (so many of us were tearing) wedding I have ever had the honour to attend, good food (and beer), splendid weather, familiar charming surroundings and it felt like I was in a dream too good to be true...

Why is it that, all too often, good times feel like they are over too soon, like waking up from a beautiful dream, desperately trying to grasp onto it, like trying to hold onto those pretty soap bubbles that inevitably disappear after a few seconds?? I feel like if I don't write this down now, my memory will fail me and I will too soon forget all about these last few days. (On the contrary, bad times seem like never-ending nightmares where I run with all my might but I never manage to get away from the monster chasing me.)

A wonderful holiday like that makes coming back to reality that much harder. I am not sure whether it was purely psychological, but the evening I got back home (in Genova), my head felt like someone was pressing an anvil down on it. I just about managed to make dinner, eat it and go to bed. The next day I went to work with the same agonising headache and returned to bed as soon as I got home (I slept then for almost 12 hours). Thankfully the head got better even as reality sets in, back to my boring routinous life.
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :