Thursday, July 12, 2007

Your royal plumpness

is bored and hungry. So she decided to share some food photos that have been buried in her archives:

First up: Breakfast!
One of the tastiest (imo) breakfast in the world: Oats. I've grown to really love it. My mum made me eat it since young (I was the only person in the family who would eat it with her.) and I used to not like it much. I'd eat it only cos' she asked me to. Now it's pretty much my everyday breakfast staple. Throw in some dried fruits and nuts and a couple of fresh strawberries on top and doesn't it look appetising? :)


(In background's an eggtart flown in from HK and a slice of my mum's homemade bread.)

Next: I'd title this series of photos 'A mum's LOve'. (You'd see why in a bit.)
I realised I've never taken any photos of the lovely packed lunches my mum has made me. So I've made a point of snapping some whenever I can. Presenting my fave vege, the broccoli!! So green, pretty and crunchy!! :) Blanched and drizzled with sesame oil. Brown rice with various kinds of beans in it; delicious... And seaweed omelette. I love seaweed!!! Oh and the bright yellow stuff? That's achar. Homemade. I like. Who says healthy food has to be boring? :D





































Such beautiful colours, wouldn't you agree? (And all so mouth-wateringly yummy!!) I especially love the orangey-yellow of the pumpkin above.

When the Mum's not cooking:
Smoked salmon sandwich and cappuccino from the Bakin' Boys cafe near office. Coffee was good. Sandwich ok. (It's looking like it pales in comparison to the lunches above.)

Just in case you thought the food's been too healthy for me to be worthy of my title. ;p This is one of a bowl of claypot laksa from the hawker centre near Alexandra Road/Queensway.

BBQ dinner at the students', Labour Day evening. Toby made me grilled salmon and I prepared the salad. There was also chicken and beef. All delicious stuff!! ^_^ Thanks, boy!

Lunch/Dinner at Aerin's in Raffles City Shopping Centre with a friend:

The starter we shared: A refreshing pear & walnut salad. Pears were broiled hence warm and soft, and very sweet while the sundried tomatoes lent a tanginess to the dish.
My main course: smoked salmon tagliatelle in a slightly creamy wild mushroom sauce. Mmmm...








A la carte sushi/sashimi dinner at Ikoi in Miramar hotel: So fresh! Enough said.

















Baked goods (not necessarily good):

Baked French toast drizzled with honey. (Don't be deceived by the burnt bits. It was actually quite nice. Only cos' the bread was good. Bought fresh from Cedele Bakery.)



Pistachio cake. Not too bad. I liked the lemony glaze.
















Homemade dinner: Hearty Italian meatloaf covered with a tomato-based sauce, accompanied by broccoli in ginger and oven-baked spicy potato wedges. And of cos' a glass of red.













Then last but definitely not the least; let's not forget dessert!!!
Apple rhubarb pie with a generous scoop of real vanilla ice-cream (the kind you can see the little black bits of vanilla seeds in) from the meal at Aerin's mentioned above.




One of the richest chocolate ice-cream I've ever had from a tub:

Fauchon all the way from Japan!!! (which is, funny enough, a French gourmet brand.)














Enough pictures to whet your appetite? hee. It sure did for me... ^_^ Glad the day's almost over.
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

2 comments :

myztika said...

your mommy's packed lunches look really yummy and colorful! :) now i'm feeling inspired to bring my own to work - at least i'll be happier off than having to pay stupid pple for rubbishy food.

ah babe, u're so lucky that u can eat all those food. my diet has so many restrictions, i probably can't eat most of the stuff u put up. :P

Ping said...

U get to eat homecooked food for lunch too right? And literally at home too. That's nice too. The thing about bringing my lunch into the office is that it gets cold by the time I eat it. And usually I'm too hungry to bother with microwaving it.
Yup, I'm lucky I can eat almost anything. Eh, but girl, I don't think there's any pork in the pics I put up.