Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tugs at heartstrings

A friend at work walked over to me when I was taking my regular morning tea, looking apparently nervous, with barely suppressed emotions bubbling under his 'Hey, how are you feeling?'

We chatted briefly about the PhD graduation party happening tonight, whether or not I'm going. He's going, but has some complex plans before that and is super nervous about them. I watched him, fidgeting as he spoke, and with a wide-eye expression, I arrived to only one conclusion; 'You're going to propose??' And he said, 'Yes!' And how he felt like he's bursting and had to tell someone. I am truly honoured he picked me to tell this big, important news to (I'm the only person other than his parents that he has told this to ^_^).

This is a friend, who, even though we haven't known each other for very long, when he saw my absolutely despondent face a few months ago on the shuttle bus after work, simply asked if I wanted to get a coffee together and sat and listened to me while I talked and cried. Since then he's been one of few good friends I could confide in about problems and receive some experienced, mature advice.

The contented, blissful look on his face when he talked about how calm and peaceful she makes him feel, so unlike the unsettled him before, how he knows she is The One, even though they've only dated for a year.

I am so happy for him when he told me his detailed plans (the ring, the restaurant, going down on his knees... :D) and all I could do was to clap excitedly and grin, give him a big hug and reassure him that she will say yes. :)

This was such sweet news it tugged at my heartstrings. It's so heartwarming to see happy endings, I think my heart just thawed a little...
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :