Monday, February 16, 2009

又下雪了

还没对它感到厌倦, 依然觉得它十分美妙!

My German friends tell me it has snowed a lot this winter compared to many years before. I like to think it's for me. hee. :p I remember my first snow in Paris. And how my French colleagues tell me that it doesn't always snow in Paris, and even if it does, it doesn't stay much. The winter of 2005, it snowed enough to cover everything in a thin, white blanket. I was so happy! :D

Very often, I am reminded of how we always prefer things we don't often have, of how true the saying (even if it's a cliche), 'the grass is always greener on the side'. A German friend, on our way to the supermarket yesterday morning, grumbled that it's too cold, and he'd much rather be in a warm place, eg. Singapore. (One of our friends is currently enjoying himself trying various local food and shopping in Singapore.) I, however, am still very happy to wrap myself in several layers and go out in the snow.

Women in Europe want to be tanned, hence they go to tanning salons and come out a yucky orangey colour. Lots of tanning products here whereas in Asia the magazines are chock-full of whitening stuff because white is beautiful.

When I was home I longed to leave, 'go out into the world', but now that I'm away, I miss home, and that comfortable, routine life before, more often than I thought I would.

Will we ever be content with what we have? It's good that the world is a globalised one now, so that occasionally, if and when we have the ability (i.e. time and money) we can go somewhere else and get a taste of what we want.

Anyhow, I should go help with the conditioning (of rats) now. More later!
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Speaking of sun, I'm burnt.
It was a bad holiday... terrible.

I miss the snow, and the cold, and you too of course.