Thursday, January 05, 2006

Aperghis is Greek.

Don't mind my title, nothing to do with the entry, it's just something odd I'm thinking about.

Bland day. Reading journals (Trying to). But I've been feeling quite happy at work. Am kinda apprehensive and excited about starting my project soon.
There have been discussions among us about organising stuff for get-to-gathers. Food, places to visit (especially for our foreign colleagues). I suggested cycling at Pulau Ubin, but an attachment student mentioned that the bicycles there are no good. Any suggestions anyone?
Someone suggested doing something for CNY. A food crawl. Movies. I suppose cos' most of us are not too far apart in age so it's really nice to see that everyone's quite close and go out together.

On a different train of thought, as my mind was wandering, I've been bombarded by the fact that we are extremely transient.
'As for mortals, their days are like grass, they flourish like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more.' (Psalms 103:15-16)
There were articles in the Straits Times about young people who are plagued by late-stage cancer and do not have much time left. People who smile in the face of death.
The brother of a very good friend of my sister passed away in his sleep suddenly. He was in his twenties.

As I was making some mental resolutions (probably won't get done anyway so I don't bothering listing them down anymore), long-term plans and goals, I am reminded that it seems quite a futile attempt since, well... I don't know how long I'd be around. I hope this thought will push me into acting on the more important things I have been procastinating.

May my 2006 be an improvement over the last. I would like to be a better person.
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :