Friday, January 06, 2006

Emotions runneth over...

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast."
-- Ernest Hemingway to a friend, 1950

"There is never any ending to Paris and the memory of each person who has lived in it differs from that of any other. We always returned to it no matter who we were or how it was changed or with what difficulties, or ease, it could be reached. Paris was always worth it and you received return for whatever you brought to it. But this is how Paris was in the early days when we were very poor and very happy."
-- Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast

Got an email from my former supervisor today with some photos of Paris by a French photographer. It was really sweet of him. The photos were well-taken. And I could name almost all (except one) the places where the photos were taken. The memories are still vivid.

Then since I had nothing much to do in the afternoon [went to the animal facility-or vivarium as they call it here, to help (more like watch and learn) a colleague with training his rats in the morning], I checked out a Paris church friend's blog. She's an American Korean and is teaching in Paris now. I met her when I was in Paris and then she went home but managed to come back to Paris. I got the above and below quotes from her blog.
Reading her blog and looking at her pictures brought emotions I didn't know existed. My eyes started to get moist... I really miss Paris...

God has been so good to me. I didn't deserve the chance to live in Paris last year.

Gonna leave you with the quote below. Thought it quite nice. Have a good weekend. I'm leaving the office liao. Gonna go meet my mum to go for a fasting/I-dunno-what-it's-all-about talk.

"Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man's rib: Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved."
-- The Talmud
[The Talmud is a record of rabbinic discussions on Jewish law, Jewish ethics, customs, legends and stories, which Jewish tradition considers authoritative. It is a fundamental source of legislation, customs, case histories and moral exhortations.]
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :