Monday, June 13, 2005

Of books and French...

Just finished reading Magician by Raymond E. Fiest. It was a departure gift from a thoughtful friend just before I came to Paris. Thought it a great book... Would recommend it to anyone who's a fantasy genre fan... Never thought I would get into the fantasy genre before... always thought it more a 'male' genre than anything else (forgive me for being politically incorrect here... was ignorant before. ^_^) until Zan got me reading Mercedes Lackey and thus introduced me to fantasy. Thanks gerl! :)

So, Zan, watcha u reading these days? :) Hopefully something I could find in the library here. But considering the pathetically small number of English books in the library, it might not be very possible... And I really oughta borrow some kids' French books so I could improve on my French, which, in my opinion, is a horribly difficult language to learn! It's been 6 months now and still, my spoken French is barely comprehensible! I can read and write ok, but when it comes to speaking, sighz... Gotta practise making the funny in-your-throat 'R' sound and to make my mouth form the '-eux', '-u', '-eau' sounds which are non-existent in English, or Mandarin, for that matter... And make myself sit down and study, which of cos, doesn't sound like it's gonna happen. Bwahaha!
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

testing testing - lizan