Monday, June 19, 2006

Au revoir

It didn't quite sink in till I stepped into the airport and you stood at the check-in counter.
My eyes brimmed over of their own accord. Just a minute ago, we were talking and laughing.
'Are you ok?' you asked and hugged me tight.
'I'll be back next week,' you tried to comfort me. 'Get a webcam and we could talk and see each other.'
I nodded wordlessly, not trusting myself to speak. Tears that stung my eyes slid down my cheeks. I miss you already and secretly fear you'd forget me in no time.
We sat down and even though I made a conscious effort not to be upset and join in the conversation, for most part of it, the best I could do was stare into space.
You stood up to go in. Wrapped me in your arms for long moments. As we waved goodbye to you from outside the enormous glass panels, the pressure that has been building up behind my eyes broke control and I sobbed.
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :