Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Blood and bones...

Has anyone heard of the movie 'Hostel'? If you're a fan of gore, go catch it! That was one show that made my stomach heave... I thought it worst than Hannibal. Takes a sick mind to come up with a movie like that. I wouldn't say it's a bad show, would actually have to give the director (Eli Roth) and Quentin Tarantino (producer) credits for their ability to instill that level of horror. In the words of M, the faces of the crowd leaving the theatre after the show were a mixture of disgust, anger and pall.

It was on the spur of the moment that we decided to go to the cinema last Saturday. And since we didn't want too late a show, there were only 2 choices, The Sentinel or Hostel. I don't fancy Michael Douglas much (though M said he's a good actor) and I figured, hey a Quentin Tarantino movie wouldn't go too wrong... (We had no idea what the movie was about! So much for spontaneity!!!)

We sat at the cafe for a bit before the movie is due to start and flipped through the I-S magazine. I found a review on Hostel in it and it was 4 stars out of 5. We read through the synopsis which sounded really interesting. The reviewer ended his writing saying he would watch it again just for kicks. After coming out of the theatre, I thought that guy must be nuts!!! Kicks???!! Geehz... the kind of people in this weird world...

So, anyway, earlier that day, I had met up with an old girlfriend whom I hadn't seen for a long time. She wanted to go to a beauty parlour in town that was having an open house so I went with her. I knew they were going to try to sell me stuff but I had no intention of being pushed into buying anything I didn't want. After spending almost the whole afternoon there, I decided that some facials might do my skin some good and it was not horribly expensive so I signed up for some. I haven't gone for any. But am hoping that when I do go for it, it'll actually work.

This particular girlfriend of mine is pretty (very popular with guys) and is quite the beauty queen. She spends a whole lot of money on her skin. Think it's high time I learn some tricks from her... Though I wouldn't go spending $ like she does. O_o
A lot of times I wish I were a bloke. Then I wouldn't have to worry about wrinkles, freckles and having a 'shelf-life'.

Sigh. Age is indeed catching up...
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :