Friday, December 23, 2005

Upheaval...

Stay-at-home Mothers are a dying breed, aren't they? So, I thank God I have one of them... :) Nothing like living alone in a place-so-far-away-you-can't-go-home-for-dinner-after-work to make you appreciate your mum's cooking , don't you agree? To me now (never thought much of it before last year), it is a luxury to be able to go home to a home-cooked dinner.

It's been a while since I've posted... Nothing much to talk about since I came back cos' I haven't been doing anything special.

Am just glad to be with my family again, to see my good friends again (especially going shopping with the girls!!! ;p).

But I miss Europe, especially Paris, badly. Miss the sunset in Paris. The cool cool temperatures (Boy, the times when I can wear a jacket out and never ever ever perspire!!!). Walking along River Seine in the day/at night. Looking out at the glittering Effiel Tower at night from the kitchen. Old buildings and streets. Museums. Cobblestones. Cafes. Bistros. Cheeses. Wines. Snow. Trams. Metro. People. *Great big sigh*
And, hearing from my friends in Europe about their holiday plans (skiing especially) over X'mas makes my eyes turn bright green. It's so easy to travel within Europe when you live there. *Another great big sigh*

Am now dreaming of the places I want to visit... So many... So little time (read: pathetic annual leave), insufficient funds...

Have been working part-time for a few weeks. Admin. Boring. My power of speech reduced to one-word sentences (if you can still call them sentences).

Will start on my new job on Jan 3rd. Hoping it'll be interesting. Should be. New things to learn. Praying hard that my new supervisor will be as good as my last one. My last supervisor was really really good! Gave me a glowing reference!!! (which I'm not sure I deserve... Hee.) Am lucky that I got a job pretty quickly. Before I came back I was worried I would have to repeat my 3-month long job search (last year after graduation) all over again which would be a real torture!

Well, it's eve of X'mas Eve already! So fast!!! Time to get ready my New Year's resolutions...

Merry X'mas everyone!!! And if I don't post before that, Happy New Year too! :D
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :