Thursday, December 01, 2005

Turn that damn thing off!

Took my first trip on our MRT yesterday since I came back and strangely in the spotless, odourless train, I found myself missing the graffiti-covered, 'funny'-smelling Paris metro...

It was late at night, close to midnight, I was going home after visiting Zan, managed to catch the last train. Because there were not many people in the train at this time, I made myself comfortable with my book in one of those 2-seaters in the corner. Seemly out of the blue, there was an irritating and loud tune (I wouldn't call that stuff music) playing. I looked up from my book to see where it's coming from and saw a teenage girl wearing T-shirt, shorts and slippers, sitting in front of me with one of those new, containing-lots-of-functions Nokia phones blasting that horrible sounding tune. And she seemed totally unaware that she was disturbing my peace! As I stared at her, she proceeded to examine her toes before starting to scrub between them with her fingers. She did that for several minutes, all the time with her cell phone blasting, until she was happy that she had cleaned them well then she turned her attention back to her nuisance phone. Unbelievable! I thought I was looking at one of those homeless people in Paris. But then again even though they looked dirty, I never saw them doing disgusting stuff like that in public before. I was completely grossed out.

I moved away but could still hear that stuff blasting through the tranquillity of the train. Not a pleasant ride...
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :