Tuesday, December 21, 2004

It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And on the official first day of winter! (I foolishly tot winter had started already, with the weather being quite cold in my standards, but it was just autumn...) It's so BEEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! My french colleague came in and announced tat it's snowing and me and my 2 colleagues (the China man and the Malaysian girl) dropped everything we were doing and ran out of the office. It's indescribable, seeing, feeling and tasting (I caught some snow flakes with my tongue :p) real snow for the first time...

I wasn't feeling too well tis morning (visited the toilet 4 times!) but the snow made my day! I'm feeling much better now. Maybe it's snowing today cos yesterday was an unbelievably cold day. I checked the weather reports online and it was about -1 degrees celsius. For the first time since I got here (about a month already, how time flies!), I felt really really cold... and it was as if I were pricked by needles in all parts of my body. It was a very horrible feeling...

Niway, the snow stopped after a short while... guess it's still not cold enuff yet... But it was amazing while it lasted... The sad thing is, I din bring my camera with me to work today!!! Sighz... I'm praying tat God will let it snow again tomorrow... :)

Last weekend was a pretty quiet weekend. Saturday was the kind of day one hardly gets in autumn- a lovely sunny day with blue skies and white fluffy clouds, I met up with an French ex-colleague and went to Sacre Coeur (a church I went to the first Sun I got here but tat day was cloudy and rainy, which wasn't a very good day to see the place) and the Montmartre area, where artists gather to sell their wares (mostly paintings). Am glad I went to see the church again cos the view tis time round was much better. Sun, I did my marketing and chores and went to church with some frens. After service we went caroling in the area around the church and it was a lot of fun cos I've never done tat before. A group of us went to Cité Université for dinner (cafeteria food... eww... but the company was good.) and after tat I accompanied one of them to Champs Elysees to see the lights. We went into a Renault showroom (tat surprisingly was still open at 10pm) and took a picture with Santa Claus. I felt like a kid... sitting on Santa's lap and getting a candy afterwards... :p

So, tat was my weekend... gotta go back to my work now!
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

1 comments :

myztika said...

ooooh... u sat on santa's lap?!! naughty naughty girl! haha...

i have never touched snow before, & i refuse to pay money to do so, when u can get it free in other countries... :p

hey, i think it's starting to get interesting for u over there eh?? just remember to come back!!! hee.