Monday, July 31, 2006

To the bestest grandfather we could ever have

Bye, Grandpa... We miss you lots... :'(

Grandpa passed away last Wed. The wake spanned 5 days. My mum, aunts and uncles took care of almost everything. The rest of us merely tried to make ourselves useful in whatever way we could. Or just being there for the family.

I was really surprised when on the first evening, I was told that my company had sent a flower wreath. (and a big one at that!) I was considerably touched. More so when a few of my colleagues said they wanted to come see me and actually travelled from the west (work) to Ang Mo Kio... A church friend also dropped by and said a much needed prayer with me.

It didn't surprise me one bit that the parasite who lives in the room opposite my sister's and mine took compassionate leave from his pathetic excuse of a national service (apparently he came up with some medical condition to get downgraded to slack.) and stayed at home. He rarely turned up for the wake. Even on the last day. When everyone was there.

Watching the coffin delivered into the incinerator was really heart-wrenching. After, when we went back to collect his remains, I stared at the pile of white bones and found it very hard to convince myself he's really gone. My mum echoed my thoughts when she said, 'No amount of possessions on earth seem to matter when in the end all that's left of you are ashes.' I prayed that God will help me be a better person, do the right things and not be worried about material stuff.
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :