Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Give me something to smile about please?

Over the last weekend, other than spending time at the hospice, I read. 2 humorous (British-style) modern day fairytales. (Think romantic comedies.) If I count another one I read during the week, that's 3. And although they were a fun, entertaining and light read for most part, I've come to realise that nearing the later part of the stories I start to not like them. Hate would be too strong a word. The endings are those that make me want to stick my head under the pillow and cry. Such predictable, diabetic-sweet, happily-ever-after, won't-ever-happen-in-reality (well, at least not to me) finales. Too good to be true, I say. (Again, this only applies to me lah.)

Anyway, after that, I was very glad to pick up one of Tony Parson's books at the library. I enjoy his stories the way I grew to like bittergourd, durians that are bittersweet. Reflective of what I think real life is. More bitter than sweet most times. Or maybe it's just my frame of mind in this particular period.

This last weekend also saw me and my sister spending quite a bit of time together. We shared some ban-mian and sushi for dinner on Sat. And since there was nothing on tv, we watched dvds on the laptop, while digging into sinfully delicious chocolate ice-cream. And chips. (/crisps, if you like.) I cooked a simple dinner (noodles, veges) for us on Sunday night. It was really soothing to be with her, not having to worry about how I look, what I eat or say.

It's late, I should leave the office. Don't think I'd be frequenting the gym much this week. Sigh, so terrible, but I just can't find the energy to go...

I didn't want to have to paste a smile on my face (hideous, like thousands of active volcanoes just took over it, by the way) at work, I've taken to working in the lab from morning through lunch and only surfacing in the late afternoon.

Really should go. Bye.
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :