Friday, April 21, 2006

Writing is an itch I wanna scratch...

I wanna write!!! *stamps feet and whines*

Work occupies all of my productive hours! Well, I suppose that's how it should be, and what I'm paid to do. But I would just like a half-hour or something to myself where I can do my emails and blog... Sigh... These days I'd be glad if I could reply my friends' emails and write an entry like once a week. (Considering my rule of not getting stuck on the com over the weekends. I'd rather have my head in a book if I were to stay at home.)

Almost everyday ends with me feeling mentally exhausted. Training rats is not an easy task. Like humans, there are significant variations on how well or fast individual rats learn. To be able to cater to these differences in order to help the more timid or slower rats improve is the most difficult part I think. One needs a lot of patience...

On some good news, the other batch of rats I've taken over from a colleague who left us a month ago, they've improved and my boss is saying that we could start doing actual studies on them very soon!!! I feel slightly accomplished! Hee. ^_^ (Only slightly because my ex-colleague has spent almost 7 months training these rats before I took over so he did most of the hard work.) I sure hope my new batch of rats wouldn't take that long to train... *Crossing fingers* A really nice side-effect of having 2 batches of rats (2 tests, 120 rats!) is that I scuttle between 2 rooms (taking cages out, putting them back), hardly any chance of sitting down the whole day (except maybe lunch and a few minutes here and there) so I'm pretty sure I'm burning calories! :D

There's a draft of my last weekend still lying in my Posting folder which I hope I could finish by today. On vera...
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :