Wednesday, March 01, 2006

When the time comes, I can do this.

Took the bus with my baby sista this morning. Which gave me a chance to read an essay assignment she wrote overnight. The assignment was to rewrite a segment of a passage in the writing style of any author of the texts that they are studying in the module. She chose to write in the satirical, pompous style of Henry Fielding. And she is GOOD!!! Now I know where all the literary genes in the family went to... :D Boy, do I wish I could write like that! And she wrote that all in a night! There were parts of it where I had to humbly ask her what she meant... 'Never buy a pig in a poke' is an expression I learnt this morning, among other big words... :)

Learning new vocab and expressions is becoming a delightful part of my life, especially with them Brits and a cool (my sis, on the other side of the green grassy field, thinks I'm cool cos' I'm technically a 'scientist') literature major sister around me. ^_^ Lucky me!!! Hopefully some of those word/writing power rub off on me over time...........................................................................

Meanwhile, brain flashes low fuel sign. Me needs some good sleep and chocolates. And that spells HOME. :)
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :