Tuesday, February 21, 2006

You'll be gone in an instant.

Pain. is. not. relative. or is it?

Depressed.

My first culling since I started work. I won't go into the details. Let's just say, carbon dioxide chamber then cervical dislocation (to make sure they are gone). :( It's not the first time I'm culling, so why do I feel like this? I've mainly sacrificed mice before and that have been hard at times too. I usually try to detach myself and do it robotically. I suppose the bigger the animal, the worse I feel. I had to perform a decapitation on a rat once before and after that it was the men's job. Besides, the rats I used to use were much much more aggressive than the ones I have now, so somehow, (though it's not right to think like this) it was easier to swallow the fact that we had to kill them.

The strain/species of rats I am using now are so docile and nice that they let you pick them up and be cuddled and held. Extremely cute! :) The ones in the past were so fierce you can't pick them up without wearing an extra thick leather glove.

I so have to get over this. There would be tons of culling sessions in the future. :(
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :