Friday, July 14, 2006

Put them varied emotions all into a large mixing bowl and stir well.

Joyeuse Fete Nationale, France!!! :) It's Bastille Day!

Friday and I'm still stuck in the lab at this hour. *weighty, shoulder-heaving sigh*

I'm bored... The colleagues who were entertaining me before have left the lab an hour ago after they finished their work. I wish my job is as non-time-consuming and non-labour-intensive as theirs...

Never mind, I shall content myself with thinking about the fact that today's the last day of the work week. Which, by the way, also reminds me that I've not been to the gym for a full week! *checks belly and face scrunches into the likes of a raisin* Ewww...

Virtuous white-winged angel over right shoulder: You really should go this evening... You'll feel better after exercising.
Horned devilish imp over left shoulder: There's no need to go. It's the weekend. Eat whatever you want! (under his breath: and expand breadth-wise. *evil laughter*)

I'm going to buy a new computer and Sim Lim closes early so I can't go to the gym lah. Valid excuse, I tell myself. Of cos! Imp pulls victory grin at angel. I promise I'll start next Mon! Angel gave resigned look, ok.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the hospice near our place with my sis yesterday evening to visit my grandfather. It was indescribeably depressing to see him waste away. The last time I saw him in TTSH, he was still looking ok and chatting with us. He looked like he had aged 10 years since then. Adding to that is my guilty conscience for not visiting him more often. I cried silently. My sister standing quietly beside me was sniffing and her eyes were red and wet. I will go see him more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep your loved ones close. If not, at least let them know you care.

Have a pleasant weekend.
About Ping

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :